Nissan has just revealed the first customer model of the Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign will go on display at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2020, before deliveries of the limited-edition car begin in late 2020. Here’s what you need to know….
1. Customer demand for the production version of the car has been strong, with a significant number of deposits already taken. Only 50 Nissan GT-R50’s will be produced. A limited number of reservations for the remaining models are still available. Want one? Be quick then!
2. Powering each GT-R50 by Italdesign is a NISMO-tuned 710bhp hand-built 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V6.
3. Nissan collaborated with Turin, Italy-based Italdesign to create the model, based on the latest Nissan GT-R NISMO, in commemoration of the 50th anniversaries of the GT-R in 2019 and Italdesign in 2018.
4. Subject to certification and homologation in all relevant markets, customers can expect to get behind the wheel of their personalised Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign sometime between late 2020 and the end of 2021.
5. Each car is expected to cost around £900,000! Oh, and that’s before tax and optional extras, so you’ll be looking at dropping well over £1 million to have one of these rare beasts in your garage. Ouch!