These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.
Poll: Which one would you take home?
VW Golf GTi
Ford Focus ST
Vauxhall Astra VXR
Mazda 3 MPS
Seat Leon Cupra R
Honda Civic Type R
Renault Megane 225
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modern Day Hot Hatch battle
01-08-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Modern Day Hot Hatch battle
Problem is pushing a civic up to the redline does make the difference as that's where the power is Icon_wink

I haven't voted because I'm not sure, the Next civic type R that's due out next year will be turbo'd Icon_smile
[Image: sig2010.jpg]

Jordan Wrote:Aidan, dont you think you have got enough wheels
Aidan Wrote:Don't you think you've got enough shoes

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
(25-07-2013 12:51 AM)OllieWestwood Wrote:  Judge this weeks on if you had to take one home based on everything you know, what would you ask for the keys for?

The vote is NOT for how fast the car goes up the strip, its which one would you take home on what you know?

I chose the ST on what I know, and the only comparison I have personally is the ST500 we have now and the older EP3 Civic Type R which we had previously.

We loved the Civic and I will argue that the car was perfect for what it was built for. Clare could easily drive it to work and back, not using the vtec and get reasonable mileage. Then when me (or Clare) felt the need we could wind it up to the red line (vtec kicked in yo) and it was a totally different animal. The vtec makes such a difference to the performance and the way the car pulls.

The ST is really in another class. Even in standard form the pull that car has is mega, is sounds awesome from the 5 pot Volvo engine and the potential for more power for not a lot of money is very attractive. 320bhp is easily within reach with a few minor mods and a quick remap. Icon_wink

The Civic was an all but a stripped out race car and the ST is more refined with its fancy heated leather and variety of toys like voice activated radio and aircon. Plant the right foot and you'll get an amazing 5 pot rumble through the car and a great big cheesy grin on your face. Icon_cheesygrin

Bottom line is, like Winno says, Ford peeps are going to vote for the Ford and Honda people are going to vote Honda.
[Image: TRIO_zps6cf8f5e5.png]
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
(01-08-2013 02:52 PM)Alanman Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 12:51 AM)OllieWestwood Wrote:  Judge this weeks on if you had to take one home based on everything you know, what would you ask for the keys for?

The vote is NOT for how fast the car goes up the strip, its which one would you take home on what you know?

I chose the ST on what I know, and the only comparison I have personally is the ST500 we have now and the older EP3 Civic Type R which we had previously.

We loved the Civic and I will argue that the car was perfect for what it was built for. Clare could easily drive it to work and back, not using the vtec and get reasonable mileage. Then when me (or Clare) felt the need we could wind it up to the red line (vtec kicked in yo) and it was a totally different animal. The vtec makes such a difference to the performance and the way the car pulls.

The ST is really in another class. Even in standard form the pull that car has is mega, is sounds awesome from the 5 pot Volvo engine and the potential for more power for not a lot of money is very attractive. 320bhp is easily within reach with a few minor mods and a quick remap. Icon_wink

The Civic was an all but a stripped out race car and the ST is more refined with its fancy heated leather and variety of toys like voice activated radio and aircon. Plant the right foot and you'll get an amazing 5 pot rumble through the car and a great big cheesy grin on your face. Icon_cheesygrin

Bottom line is, like Winno says, Ford peeps are going to vote for the Ford and Honda people are going to vote Honda.

*widdo ;-)

Pug 106 GTI - 14.52 @ 94.68mph
Starlet GT turbo - 15.75 @ 88mph
200SX S14A - 13.71 @109mph

http://www.facebook.com/carl.widdo

instagram - w7ddo

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Oops. Sorry. I cant even say it was a typo cos D and N are quite a distance away from each other. lol
[Image: TRIO_zps6cf8f5e5.png]
18-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Astra for me, the looks, the power, the tuning capability, still regret getting rid of my old one.

Probably closely followed by the Type R & Megane but would have to be an R26.
[Image: decalBoost.jpg]