These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
F1 Discussion
10-07-2013, 10:10 AM
F1 Discussion
This is Inspired by a facebook post from Mrs Turner, and Most know my view on F1, especially this season.

It's not because I want to hate it, I just disagree with lots of decision and over hyping.

Discuss F1 here! Where do you stand?
[Image: sig2010.jpg]

Jordan Wrote:Aidan, dont you think you have got enough wheels
Aidan Wrote:Don't you think you've got enough shoes

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: F1 Discussion
(10-07-2013 10:10 AM)OllieWestwood Wrote:  This is Inspired by a facebook post from Mrs Turner, and Most know my view on F1, especially this season.

It's not because I want to hate it, I just disagree with lots of decision and over hyping.

Discuss F1 here! Where do you stand?

I love it but think the rule changes and shocking tyres are killing it off.

Engines next year sound awful, fuel restrictions plus everything else nah it's not going to be that exciting but I think there will be loads of electronics and engine failures next year.

The whole point of there being restrictions on how and where you can design and develop a car challenges the teams, the designers, technicians, engineers to create a car which is just within the fringes of the rules. When they do and do it well where other teams don't then all of a sudden there is a move to outlaw whatever has been implemented - double diffusers, blown diffusers, coanda exhaust effects, active ride height, f-ducts and whatever else along the way.

Ok one team dominating isn't what you want to watch but be honest, Red Bull are doing a better job than the rest with the team they've got in place it is as simple as that, I'd love to see Mercedes wipe the floor with them (no bias, honest) but they're simply not good enough, so there will probably be more races for the rest of the season where it is a Red Bull up front from lights to flag now they've got the tyres they want.

Tyres, don't get me started, was never keen on Pirelli in the first place but they are doing what they were told to do but wouldn't surprise me if they leave after the end of the season.

Anyway, WEC - more relevant road technology plus the cars are immense, tickets cheaper, only drawback is how long the races are but that just allows more drinking time whilst watching the race!
10-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Where the hell do I start? Im an Alonso fan through and through, have been since I was 11 back in 2001.

Dont really know what to put, got plenty of opinions on everything but id be here forever!

oh, ill leave this picture of my display cabinets; just under £1000 worth of Alonso models; every one of them ever released and a few conversions like the 2005 belgian GP Dragon livery, 2005 british GP Flower livery, 2006 French GP shark livery, December 2006 Jerez test MP4-21 Mclaren test and the MP4-22 valencia showcar, R28 January test and so forth

There a bunch of Jenson Button models too, and in the bottom right is a scaled model of the Renault RS26 F1 engine;

[Image: 20130710_182650_zps48b9d212.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 10:25 PM
i love F1 and have done for some time, i still love it despite the rules and regulations, however... if they keep piling on more and more it is deffo gonna get less viewings.
TURNERS AUTO SERVICES
Twin Bridge Yard
Brimington Road
Chesterfield
S41 9BE
07525 836619
turnersautoservices@hotmail.co.uk
11-07-2013, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 08:22 PM by winno1988.)
borrrrrrrrinnnnngggg!!!!! another bunch of over payed " footballers". it was ok 6-8years ago but to many rules and germans.

watch BTCC instead better racing more fan interaction 10 different leader in a 17lap race and were else do the driver walk the campsite at nite and meet the fans??
[Image: Picture4.png]
Im so JDM im going to import my children !!!
Lower than a smackheads morals!!
11-07-2013, 11:21 AM
BTCC drivers do what in the campsite? Lol
[Image: sig2010.jpg]

Jordan Wrote:Aidan, dont you think you have got enough wheels
Aidan Wrote:Don't you think you've got enough shoes

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
11-07-2013, 12:44 PM
(11-07-2013 11:21 AM)OllieWestwood Wrote:  BTCC drivers do what in the campsite? Lol

I love BTCC. I support Plato. Id support Honda but Mat Neal is a twat, so I refuse to support daddy's boy. MG it is!
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
F1 is crap.

I only like rally cos you see cars hit trees and go upside down #carnage Icon_cool
I am Olly
11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
(11-07-2013 11:21 AM)OllieWestwood Wrote:  BTCC drivers do what in the campsite? Lol

walk lol fixed it stupid phones

platos a mardy twat unless he wins its everyone elses fault his rovers a turd and sounds terrible.
[Image: Picture4.png]
Im so JDM im going to import my children !!!
Lower than a smackheads morals!!
11-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I used to be a big F1 fan. Watched every race, went to the British GP a few times, tyre testing and the Spanish GP. And still keep tabs on whats going on, but I just can't watch the racing anymore, its so unintresting to me. For me I find there is more action and the racing is more interesting in stuff like British GTs with pretty epic cars and some proper top line drivers