These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*MAXXD* Andy's Mazda RX8 'Blue Phantom'
22-07-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: *MAXXD* Andy's Mazda RX8 'Blue Phantom'
Went and got my warranty required oil and filter change, also had a new crankshaft sensor as the CEL was showing a fault with the crankshaft but there was no problems; fixed it straight away. Car is now run in and I can also now rev past 7000rpm back to changing gear at 9500rpm!

I truly love this car. Theres not many things I could do to it; intake, decat, remap and brakes. For all that your looking at around £1300 to which I now look at as 'pointless'. The car is stunning, its the rarest you can get, the paints going to be corrected, decent millage for the year and she is tastefully modifed to a complete Mazda factory option. I wanted to take it on track but its so rare and I dont want to hurt the car. So with that in mind, Im declaring the RX8 project completed. It fits a pram and a picnic basket in the boot, childseat in the back, I got 180 miles out of a half a tank doing 80mph down the motorway, she drives like a dream. This car is my car for the future; I wont be getting rid of her for a very long time, even then I might just put it in a lock up and save it.

So with that in mind, I was browsing the rotary forums and something surprising caught my eye! FD3S RX-7's are going silly cheap now days. The paranoia of the rotary and running costs have crucified these cars. You can pick up mechanically sound examples for as little as £3000. Bodywise they may be rough, but that suits me perfect! So my next official project is to start saving for an RX7! My dream RX7 is naturally the twin turbo 13b. She will be kitted out with an RE-Amemiya bodykit (Company sells them for £1500 over here in the uk unpainted, which is quite good!) with an APR carbon fibre spoiler + Risers and totally resprayed in Yellow. Ever since I was a kid I always wanted Keisuke Takahashi's FD. Now, I can finally start to afford one!

So project 'save the shitting hell for an FD' is ago! For those who are interested in what an Amemiya kitted FD looks like;

[Image: takedarx7_01.jpg]
[Image: takedarx7_10.jpg]

Not to everybody's taste I know, but this was my childhood cartoon hero's updated FD (cant exactly afford a batmobile so my other childhood hero cant be counted!)
[Image: initial-d-fifth-stage-ep-2-013-614x345.jpg]

So yes! that is my future plans. Save my money, pay my bills, buy an RX7 alongside my RX8 and have a track day/weekend beast alongside my family gas-guzzling younger brother of the 7.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Went and got my warranty required oil and filter change, also had a new crankshaft sensor as the CEL was showing a fault with the crankshaft but there was no problems; fixed it straight away. Car is now run in and I can also now rev past 7000rpm back to changing gear at 9500rpm!

I truly love this car. Theres not many things I could do to it; intake, decat, remap and brakes. For all that your looking at around £1300 to which I now look at as 'pointless'. The car is stunning, its the rarest you can get, the paints going to be corrected, decent millage for the year and she is tastefully modifed to a complete Mazda factory option. I wanted to take it on track but its so rare and I dont want to hurt the car. So with that in mind, Im declaring the RX8 project completed. It fits a pram and a picnic basket in the boot, childseat in the back, I got 180 miles out of a half a tank doing 80mph down the motorway, she drives like a dream. This car is my car for the future; I wont be getting rid of her for a very long time, even then I might just put it in a lock up and save it.

So with that in mind, I was browsing the rotary forums and something surprising caught my eye! FD3S RX-7's are going silly cheap now days. The paranoia of the rotary and running costs have crucified these cars. You can pick up mechanically sound examples for as little as £3000. Bodywise they may be rough, but that suits me perfect! So my next official project is to start saving for an RX7! My dream RX7 is naturally the twin turbo 13b. She will be kitted out with an RE-Amemiya bodykit (Company sells them for £1500 over here in the uk unpainted, which is quite good!) with an APR carbon fibre spoiler + Risers and totally resprayed in Yellow. Ever since I was a kid I always wanted Keisuke Takahashi's FD. Now, I can finally start to afford one!

So project 'save the shitting hell for an FD' is ago! For those who are interested in what an Amemiya kitted FD looks like;

[Image: takedarx7_01.jpg]
[Image: takedarx7_10.jpg]

Not to everybody's taste I know, but this was my childhood cartoon hero's updated FD (cant exactly afford a batmobile so my other childhood hero cant be counted!)
[Image: initial-d-fifth-stage-ep-2-013-614x345.jpg]

So yes! that is my future plans. Save my money, pay my bills, buy an RX7 alongside my RX8 and have a track day/weekend beast alongside my family gas-guzzling younger brother of the 7.
07-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Gave it a nice little wash and then poor boys and aqua waxed the car this morning. Spent no more than an hour on it;

[Image: 20130807_110629_zps0315efa9.jpg]

customary 'OMG I DID A GOOD JOB!' photo
[Image: 20130807_110639_zps295cb899.jpg]

Also going to get myself down to body and tuning; the boot has got 4 holes in it and tons of scratches from putting the spoiler on/removing the lip spoiler so they will be filled. Also contemplating going for a naked rear end; remove the 3rd brake light and debadge. I think it looks sexy as, but some guy son the RX8 forum told me to consider cars behind not knowing im braking (which confused me abit until I realised that they meant people focus on the 3rd brake light);

[Image: rearshot.jpg]

Opinions guys and girls!?
07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
That smooth, clean look is awesome!
[Image: sig2010.jpg]

Jordan Wrote:Aidan, dont you think you have got enough wheels
Aidan Wrote:Don't you think you've got enough shoes

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Me too ollie! I want to get it done along with swirl removal and then she will be gleaming for trax
13-09-2013, 02:36 PM
SPI Vision front headlights, rear lights and rear fog, Yellow tint on the front fog lights, courtesy of JG!

[Image: 2013-09-13130032_zps31f3a635.png]

[Image: 2013-09-13130118_zps22aafa42.png]