These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
*MAXXD* Pyro's Audi RS4 Avant
09-07-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: *MAXXD* Pyro's Audi RS4 Avant
Cheers guys :]

I have a feeling my plans to get rid may be on hold a bit now...

(long post alert)

Had a 'bring your toy to work' day yesterday. Basically, there's 2 parts; part 1, you rock up to work in your pride and joy and park it up outside the main building at work. Some amazing metal there, everything from huge Yank tanks to British kit cars, McLaren MP12-4Cs to S15 Drift cars, M3 CSLs to track slag XR2is. Didn’t get any pictures personally, but if/when I get hold of some, I'll post them up.

The second part of the day, was to take it around the proving ground/test track. Amazing!
They split the groups into power, first with 'over 300bhp', which they then dropped to 250 when not many put their hand up. So, I was out first (have I mentioned I've got 414bhp?) with (that I saw) a BMW ZM3, a 350Z, a Pontiac Trans Am, a track/drift slag BMW e46 328 compact (whose spec sheet I'm sure said 220bhp...), an S4, an Impreza WR1, an RX7, a 200SX, a track slag Capri (with a carbon BGW) and a supercharged VX220.

'This is not a track day', they said. Yeah right...

Managed to hold my own fairly well for the first 2-3 laps, mostly on the straights where I just lost everyone. Corners were all right too (strange going into a corner with a sign saying 'minimum speed 50') plenty of grip, but an uneven surface didn't make it feel very stable.

It's not a complicated track, few corners and a couple of straights, the longest of which is about just under a mile long (about 1.4km I think), going into bigger version of Top Gear's Hammerhead. Think I managed to get an indicated 145+ before I ran out of track.

I was second out on track behind the ZM3. Eventually I started to find limits (mostly of my own confidence, especially when cornering with other people around me) and soon started losing places to the VX220, 328 and 200 round the corners, but easily passed them again on exiting. I gave up 'racing' in the end and just let them get on with it. At the end of the day, this is my daily driver, and I'd rather not stack it into some Armco.

Now, the guy said we'd get about 3-4 laps in, about 20 mins. We went out and did 4 laps, then people started coming in, and everyone followed. Looked at my clock and we'd had 11 mins, plenty of time to get more laps in, so a bit of confusion there. I'm annoyed at not getting more time, but I can see it getting a bit carried away and people's confidence built.
[Image: CarSig4.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Very nice!
Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Better success than Forza?

Oh and being a picky BMW owner its a Z3M.
[Image: 923273_10151649952016070_1498315856_n_zps3c8d20a4.jpg]

We're not back because we never went anywhere.
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2013, 01:07 AM
(13-07-2013 11:52 PM)Spener Wrote:  Better success than Forza?

Oh and being a picky BMW owner its a Z3M.

Haha, well, I didn't roll it on the out-lap, so I guess so!

Ah, that makes more sense :]
[Image: CarSig4.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *MAXXD* Rorys audi a3 rozz 8 8,150 10-07-2013 12:05 AM
Last Post: rozz
  *MAXXD* Pyro's Subaru Impreza Bugeye Pyrotechnic 132 142,267 27-06-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: olstar