These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
*MAXXD* Ollie's Toyota Corolla T Sport
14-07-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: *MAXXD* Ollie's Toyota Corolla T Sport
Didnt seem to struggle that much, if id have missed a gear id have been in trouble.
[Image: 923273_10151649952016070_1498315856_n_zps3c8d20a4.jpg]

We're not back because we never went anywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 10:49 PM
On track again Tomorrow at Oulton park!

I've also done a few things to update which I will sort when I get back.
[Image: sig2010.jpg]

Jordan Wrote:Aidan, dont you think you have got enough wheels
Aidan Wrote:Don't you think you've got enough shoes

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Right, some updates Icon_smile

Obviously the track day at Blyton was a few weeks ago, and not only was it my first track day in the Corolla, it was also my first Full open pit trackday up until this point ive only ever done some occasional sessions so wasnt entirely sure what to expect!

Went with Coop in the Astra and Ste, a lad from Sheffcruise who we know through Time Attack circles, in his Evo 4.

It was about a million degrees but the car went well, i struggled with grip on certain corners and a few pointers from coop as to some of my lines allowed me to improve no end, the car ran perfectly, sure i could only manage 5-6 hot laps before id cooked my standard brakes but it was so warm, i doubt id have lasted much longer in full tousers, gloves, helmet etc...

The only casualty of the day for the car happened somewhere on the way to the circuit, when the tailpipe of my back box decided it was no longer wanting to play Icon_smile

[Image: 1044437_10151535861171305_176981886_n_zps1f3a0e9c.jpg]

Here is some pics of the day, you can see the bodyroll definately needs addressing, but for me and my understanding of the car its a great starting point!

[Image: XS2_0518_zps5bcdade6.jpg]

[Image: XS2_0191_zpsfddd6953.jpg]

[Image: XSP_0145_zpsc91d9079.jpg]

[Image: XSP_0068_zpsa3e53185.jpg]

[Image: XS2_0517_zpsaba52909.jpg]

[Image: XSP_0147_zps1bb2c7d5.jpg]

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
23-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Ok, so after a day of track abuse I thought the poor thing could do with a bit of attention from the detailing side of me!

Now, I know it's a "racecar" but I'm never going to allow it to become a nail, and if I'm doing things I'm going to do them properly! So out came the clay bar, the polish, the wax and the trim dressing to see what I could actually find under a car that's hardly ever seen a bucket of water in its life!

She actually comes up pretty nice! Might take it to some show & shines Icon_wink

[Image: IMG_6202_zps736c9bd0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6195_zps30434dfc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6188_zpsb15f6679.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6191_zps0e93ad40.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6196_zps34a78047.jpg]

I also decided to fit its first modification! The Team Heko wind deflectors are a mod with 3 plus points, I like how they look and that is always key with the project, they may add a certain aerodynamic aid (hey, if it makes me a tenth faster its worth it) and finally on hot trackdays I can get some air in the car with the windows down a tad lower without the Gestapo on my back Icon_smile

[Image: IMG_6201_zps3eebaf61.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6200_zpsd12ee3e6.jpg]

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
26-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Ok, so I had planned to change the car slightly ahead of its second outing on track, but that came round rather fast and I'm still awaiting brake parts so I went to Oulton Park for the Time Attack event and signed myself up to a couple of track sessions!

Again, the car did ok, I struggled on session 1 as I had some immensely powered cars to contend with, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Evo's etc so felt I was either holding some up or watching my mirrors lots so couldn't work on my lines especially as I haven't been round Oulton before.

Session 2 was much better, I landed in between some good cars to be around, fiesta ST, Clio 182, celica TS, integra and civic Type Rs and a corsa. This was much more fun, we all quickly dispatched of a Impreza and 350z that were holding us up and cracked on. Again the rolls held its own, the fiesta was lightning fast in the corners but struggled on the straights, the celica which was modified couldn't keep with me and I learned the lines of the Clio and civic whilst the 3 of us chased the integra DC5 down. Came off buzzing and really want another crack at Oulton.

Definitely need more power, or maybe less weight and some more practice and I think I will be flying! I think a stripped out rear end and a few mods on the corolla will just give it that edge, not to mention some grip, the roll on the car through cascades was immense but it does allow me to use bravery to hop the kerbs, after all when you don't have the power & handling to keep up, Balls is all you have left Icon_smile

Great pic from Flat Out Photography coming down cascades and some questionable ones from the other half Icon_smile

[Image: 79d49ced72d697b48576629d5a3e0ef0_zps3c73da1e.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6263_zps77e2cf10.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6251_zpsc40c2f7b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6234_zps3ae5271e.jpg]

A few bits have arrived today... Please hold for pics and details Icon_smile

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
26-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice write up and good to see you don't need a mega budget to have fun Icon_smile
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Well, went up the strip yesterday at Santa Pod at USC. First time in the car so a bit of a learning curve but really enjoyed it as usual, can see why it's so easy to get hooked... I will be going up again after a few tweaks!

Anyways, in its current and rather boring stock form minus only the spare wheel and boot carpet I managed to run through with a 15.67 @ 89.60mph

Don't think that's too shabby it certainly doesn't look like a mid 15 car so ill take that! Launching it and keeping it 'on cam' is a tricky thing to do!

Pic of timing slip (first, and fastest run was against Craig in the nova)

[Image: 55f799a861452a7aaf8873c47d36f800_zpsf50df964.jpg]

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
08-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Some bits, all be it small bits arrived yesterday, I also bought some more parts that I wasn't expecting to but will bring this project on no end!

Plus...

Still trying to find a D2 distributor for some coilovers and negotiated a nice discount from Rare Rims for my wheels too

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM
09-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Sweet updates Icon_cool

Looks like a fun little car dude!
I am Olly
09-08-2013, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 10:25 PM by OllieWestwood.)
A few little but important updates on project Track toy!

Firstly I thought I'd start a bit of weight shedding, and we all know how I feel about wipers so I decided the rear wiper, the motor and all the crap that comes with it needs to go. 3x10mm bolts and a clip were all that needed to be undone, it's not a massive weight loss but its a start...and it looks better with a 24mm grommet in its place.

Before:
[Image: IMG_6419_zpsa9621f3e.jpg]

After:
[Image: IMG_6426_zps8a571a5d.jpg]

Next up I have a new knob... Yes, yes very funny...

This is a proper bit of craftsmanship machined out of a solid piece of stainless steel, it's perfectly weighted to enhance shifting, it makes a huge amount of difference when teamed up with a short shift kit and some brass shifter bushes...which I have on the way so this one will have to wait to be installed!

[Image: IMG_6431_zpsd806f0a0.jpg]

WWW.GARAGEAWESOME.COM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *MAXXD* Ash's VW Lupo sport ASH 19 16,966 02-09-2013 07:38 PM
Last Post: ASH
  *MAXXD* Ollie's Nissan 200SX S14a OllieWestwood 604 448,553 23-02-2011 05:37 AM
Last Post: Ashley