These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
*MAXXD* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
20-03-2008, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:25 PM by Saint AAI.)
RE: *Memebr* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
Next I was getting fed up with how quiet the Zero/Sports exhaust was with it being JASMA cetified so I went for the Blitz NUR Spec R, was really impressed with this exhaust. The pipework on the Zero/Sports was much straighter than standard, but the Blitz even more so as it exits at a slight angle:

[Image: DSC00017.jpg]
[Image: DSC00021.jpg]
[Image: DSC00022.jpg]

I also bought some EBC disks and Red Stuff pads all round as the brakes that were on were not very good. On went some Ultralite Spec alloys too as my old ones were corroded around the lip:

[Image: DSC00041.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2008, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:29 PM by Saint AAI.)
Then I bought a new clutch and lightweight flywheel. Nothing wrong with my old one, but needed to start upgrading the cars driveline ready for future mods, also around this time I bought a Hayward & Scott de-cat downpipe, an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, some stainless headers and up-pipe, heatwrap and an IHI VF29 Turbo. The clutch I decided on was an Exedy Hyper D-Core Twin plate Carbon one, took a couple of months to arrive, but was worth the wait. The flywheel it came with weighs in at around 5.5kg according to my bathroom scales whereas the standard one weighed 11kg:

[Image: DSC00062.jpg]

[Image: DSC00064.jpg]

[Image: DSC00065.jpg]

[Image: DSC00066.jpg]

[Image: DSC00067.jpg]

[Image: DSC00068.jpg]

[Image: DSC00069.jpg]

The whole clutch and flywheel had been balanced so I had to make sure it went back together the exact same way.
20-03-2008, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:35 PM by Saint AAI.)
Next on my list was some gauges for the interior so I got myself some Blitz Mirror Drive gauges and a Carbon fiber center pod to put them in. Got Oil Pressure, Boost Pressure and Exhaust Gas Temperature:

[Image: DSC00030.jpg]

[Image: DSC00737.jpg]

Also bought an AEM UEGO wideband AFR kit which came with Bosch sensor, gauge and controller. Got a single 'A' pillar mount for this to sit in.

Then I went on holiday so I didn't have any spare time and needed the car for work I booked it into a local garage to change the Cam Belt, idler rollers/bearings and tensioner. Also while it was there they were supposed to fit the headers, the clutch /flywheel, some new platinum spark plugs, the back brake disks I couldn't do, the turbo and the de-cat downpipe. I had bought brand new gaskets, nuts and bolts from the head back to do the whole of the exhaust system. When I got back of holiday they hadn't finished as they had problems fitting the clutch (still not sure why, they said they had to modify my starter motor in the end but I'm sure the flywheel was standard size). Also they hadn't fitted the headers as they said the up-pipe was trying to put the turbo somewhere it would not go. Therefore it would need cutting and welding to get it to fit right. So everything had been done except the headers.
Everything was going well for a few weeks, untill one day on my way home from work I pulled away from some traffic light quite aggresivly and slammed it into second only to strip the teeth off it, Doh!! So I limped home in forth with bits rattling around inside my box. Needed a car for work next day so went and bought a Rover 400 Turbo Diesel that had T&T and swapped the insurance from my Renault. The Impreza then went into the Clinic to have a gearbox re-build. So I went for the PPG straightcut gearset, gears 1 through 4 with a helical 5th. Kept synchro engagement and had billet selector forks fitted. While it was there I had them fit all my gauges, my Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and give it an Ecutek Tek 3 re-map. Had a phone call saying they were unable to fit the exhaust gas temp probe into my up-pipe as it was badly corroded and would need a new one, so I had them fit one of their stainless ones along with some stainless headers. Was going to get them wrapped at the same time, but they wanted 250 quid to do this so I'll do that myself. So got it back with everything done apart from the oil pressure gauge not working, they said they checked the wire so it was either the sender or the gauge itself and if I sent this one back and got a replacement they would fit the new one for free, however they didn't take the faulty one back off again and when I got home I realised they had thrown the box away for so I can not swap it. This gauge is still on at the moment untill I have time to check things for myself. The car now made a nice whining noise from the gearbox and had a healthy 301.5bhp and 315ft/lbs of torque, this is now limited by turbo, injectors and engine internals:

[Image: DSC00116.jpg]

[Image: DSC00115.jpg]

[Image: DSC00113.jpg]

[Image: DSC00114.jpg]

[Image: DSC00111.jpg]
20-03-2008, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2010 08:54 AM by Saint AAI.)
Next I bought some more heat wrap and some aluminiumised tape. The tape was used to wrap my intercooler pipework between thottle body and cooler to help reflect under bonnet heat away, still not used the heatwrap yet for the exhaust:

[Image: DSC00125.jpg]

Then I went back onto styling so a Do-Luck rear wing was ordered. Got this as its totally different to anything else I've seen:

[Image: DSC00142.jpg]

[Image: DSC00143.jpg]

The wing is sat in my room waiting to be fitted still.

Had a while before I had bought anything new, but then had an impulse buy on a Seibon Carbon bonnet. Again its very different to standard and makes the car more aggressive, no need for the center scoop now with the front mount so this bonnet has a vent instead to allow airflow through the front of the car and out the bonnet:

[Image: CIMG0002-2.jpg]

[Image: CIMG0003-2.jpg]

Then I recently signed up for the Santa Pod Street Challenge so have put my cars number on the back window, not run yet though as the event I went to got rained off:

[Image: CIMG0004-2.jpg]
20-03-2008, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:42 PM by Saint AAI.)
Ordered some ChargeSpeed front, wider, vented wings and some rear over fenders a few weeks back and they have arrived:

[Image: CIMG0012.jpg]

Just need a new front and back bumper now along with some side-skirts and its ready for the bodyshop. Need to get the bodywork done ASAP as its getting tatty and some spots of rust are appearing so want to get it sorted before it starts rotting away. Then I'll be back onto engine, suspension and brakes.
20-03-2008, 03:34 PM
What a project!

You deffo dont mess about mate!

The front wings will transform the front end totally.. cant wait to see them fitted Icon_smile
I am Olly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2008, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:42 PM by Saint AAI.)
Next thing to buy is the rear spats and front bumper, also on the look out for a second hand back bumper in good condition as mine has split where one of the bolts goes through.

And this is the front bumper I want:
[Image: 1.jpg]

Also want the open mouth grill, but think I can just cut mine to look the same instead of buying one, will have to find my dremmel. I'm after suggestions on the side-skirts if anyone can find some good ones? I like the Do-Luck ones, but im not paying 500 quid for them.
28-03-2008, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2008 12:19 PM by Saint AAI.)
Plans have changed slightly, got fed up of looking for a face lift back bumper cheap to replace mine. The ones I could find were 70 quid or more, then with the price of the spats I would have been looking at around 200 quid for a standard bumper with some different spats. So instead I've bought a Zero/Sports back bumper:

[Image: 0103010.jpg]
28-03-2008, 12:22 PM
You nutter!

Whes she booked in the bodyshop??? Icon_smile
I am Olly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Soon as I get the rest of the bits, wont be long. Still need help finding some skirts I like, might have to start a thread in the garage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *MAXXD* Pyro's Subaru Impreza Bugeye Pyrotechnic 132 142,253 27-06-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: olstar
  *MAXXD* D's Renault Clio TURBO d_diddy 215 174,236 04-05-2011 07:10 AM
Last Post: Saint AAI