These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
*MAXXD* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
12-03-2008, 03:10 PM
RE: *Memebr* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
to say these FMIC's are made for these cars, they dont fit very easily do they! Icon_lol

good job tho bud Icon_smile
I am Olly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
It was an eBay special. Think the more expensive ones such as HKS and Blitz fit easier, but are upwards of 800 quid.
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Saint AAI Wrote:It was an eBay special. Think the more expensive ones such as HKS and Blitz fit easier, but are upwards of 800 quid.

surely there aint gonna be much differecne is ebay specials and the hks or blitz ones except for prices and ease of fitting.
[Image: jesus20is20my20airbag.jpg]
13-03-2008, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2008 09:36 AM by Saint AAI.)
There may be differences in core design, theres a site somewhere with some tests with cheap ones against some expensive ones. The cheap ones didn't come out well. I haven't measured my charge temps so not sure how well it performs, but the pipe to the throttle body always feels cold even after some hard driving. My cooler is an Autobahn 88, think I paid 300 for it with the pipework. Theres a couple of Impreza I've seen on Scoobynet running over 400bhp with these coolers on and they say they seem to work well.
13-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Nice work mate.
"If it's got tits or wheels, you can't afford it..."
13-03-2008, 11:38 AM
so what next mate, anything intersting like 2.5 conversationIcon_wink
13-03-2008, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 04:10 PM by Saint AAI.)
d_diddy Wrote:so what next mate, anything intersting like 2.5 conversationIcon_wink

Fully closed deck 2.2 bored and stroked to a 2.33 with forged rods and pistons, STi crank, Tri-metal bearings etc... 740cc injectors, MD321T turbo, Simtek ecu running dual maps, one "low tune" for normal petrol and one "high tune" for a methanol mix. Perrin anti-lift kit, poly bushes, 22mm anti-roll bars, drop links etc..... Tein coilovers, AP 6 pot brakes up front, AP 4 pots on the back, bodywork sorting with my Chargespeed wings and rear over fenders fitting, Do-Luck rear wing, some new sideskirts, C-West front bumper, new standard back bumper with C-West spats and a re-spray in Midnight Purple, then fully stripped inside with full weld in cage and fire extinguisher system, Bride seats and Takata harnesses, alloy fuel tank in the back, H&R 20mm spacers and hub adapters to 114mm, Volk Racing TE37's with Toyo R888's.

Thats my current plan, but it changes daily and I went to look at a stripped out 600hp Skyline yesterday which had me thinking otherwise.
14-03-2008, 02:20 AM
i know scooby mania have just completed a car for a customer to compete at time attacks, it should be at donny this year supposedly raping some scooby clinic ones lol.

but the skyline sounds tempting mate, maybe u could do with a change then think about the 5
18-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Any news on Area52 moving closer? Will be great if they do as its them I want to build the engine and give me advice. Just been looking over the regs for Time Attack and its not as strict as I thought. Entrance fee is not as bad as I thought either. Hoping to have the car ready for 2010 at the earliest, but might not be till 2011 or later. This is due to the amount of work still to be done and the costs involved as its all funded by me. Sponsorship is unlikely as I have no race experience and the car is not competetive at the moment.
19-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Saint AAI Wrote:Any news on Area52 moving closer? Will be great if they do as its them I want to build the engine and give me advice. Just been looking over the regs for Time Attack and its not as strict as I thought. Entrance fee is not as bad as I thought either. Hoping to have the car ready for 2010 at the earliest, but might not be till 2011 or later. This is due to the amount of work still to be done and the costs involved as its all funded by me. Sponsorship is unlikely as I have no race experience and the car is not competetive at the moment.

they aint moved yet but should be soon hopefully.
http://www.scoobymania.com/shop/index.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *MAXXD* Pyro's Subaru Impreza Bugeye Pyrotechnic 132 141,636 27-06-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: olstar
  *MAXXD* D's Renault Clio TURBO d_diddy 215 173,398 04-05-2011 07:10 AM
Last Post: Saint AAI