These forums are now an archive. For the latest Maxxd news please visit our Facebook group.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
*MAXXD* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
28-02-2008, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 04:17 PM by Saint AAI.)
RE: Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
Ok first mod I bought was a Blitz SUS Power induction kit, so on it went:

[Image: dsc005473tj.jpg]

[Image: dsc005486kd.jpg]

[Image: dsc005496zh.jpg]

Then I de-badged and de-stickered the back:

[Image: afterback0ox.jpg]

Next, the lexus lights had to go, so on went some STi items along with an STi grill badge and some crystal sidelights:

[Image: stilights8al.jpg]

[Image: afterfront7xc.jpg]

Then I found some rims I liked, Inovit Spirit's in 18's:

[Image: dsc000024pz.jpg]

[Image: dsc000017jr.jpg]

[Image: dsc008403fz.jpg]

[Image: dsc008416os.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2008, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 03:45 PM by Saint AAI.)
RE: Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
Then I wanted an STi version 6 rear wing so got hold of one of them and after looking for a front splitter I liked I settled on the GReddy Gracer one. So e-mailed GReddy and they said it would take 2 months to come from Japan and gave me a price, I called them a few days later to get an answer phone message saying they were on holiday. Which turned out for the best as when looking on eBay there was a seller with ones that were exact replica's for around half the cost and no wait. So got one from there along with some fog light covers. When it all arrived it was booked into the bodyshop for the wing and fog covers to be sprayed and the splitter blended into the front bumper and sprayed. While it was there I had the boot de-locked and the line across the back smoothed out:

[Image: Sccob1.jpg]

[Image: Scoob3.jpg]

[Image: Scoob4.jpg]

[Image: Scoob5.jpg]

Next a Cusco radiator cooling plate went on:

[Image: Scoob6.jpg]

And I bought a front mount intercooler and a Walbro 255 fuel pump. The pump sat with most of the bits I buy until my standard pump died. Luckily it was on my back garden when it went, but it was raining and dark so I had to change the pump in the car with all the doors shut and a torch. The pump is in the tank, but theres a nice hatch behind the rear seats to access it. Had a major head ache and was a bit wobbly when it was done though because of the fumes. It was chucking it down though so couldnt open the doors or boot for ventilation.
The intercooler sat under my bed for around a year before it got fitted:
05-03-2008, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2008 01:48 AM by Saint AAI.)
RE: *Memebr* Shane's Impreza Turbo 2000AWD
Chargespeed front wings and rear over fenders arrived yesterday, which was a surprise. Was told May time. Better get some overtime done to get the bodywork sorted.

Also got my decals for the Santa Pod Street Challenge.
And might go back to the mid-level spoiler for abit till I get the Do-Luck on, what do people think??
05-03-2008, 01:58 AM
are the chargespeed goodies finished in carbon fibre by any chance.

and try NOT having a spoiler for a while and see what u think of it until u come round to having the bodywork done.
[Image: jesus20is20my20airbag.jpg]
05-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Nope, just fibreglass. If I had no rear wing I would have holes where it mounts.
06-03-2008, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 03:47 PM by Saint AAI.)
Next, just weeks after it was out of the bodyshop, a removals van had a go at modifiying my car for me:

[Image: DSC00005.jpg]

[Image: DSC00004.jpg]

Didnt look as bad in daylight once I'd straightened up the bonnet and managed to open it. It was pretty light damage:

[Image: DSC00008.jpg]

[Image: DSC00009.jpg]

[Image: DSC00010.jpg]
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 03:54 PM by Saint AAI.)
After a complete nightmare with the insurance company and 7 months later the car was repaired and back on the road. Bodywork was now really tatty and scratched due to abuse in the breakers yard it was in for 4 months so a respray is now needed.
Anyway, next mod I did was a front and rear strut brace and a Zero/Sports radiator cooling plate as my Cusco one was bent (was later straightened and given to Topo for his Scoob). Took me a while of searching in the boot wondering how I got to the strut tops at the back before I realised they were behind the rear seats:

[Image: DSC00051.jpg]

[Image: DSC00052.jpg]

Ends had to be put on first and then the center bar last as it goes through holes in the boot. Took my seatbelts out for this to make it easier:

[Image: DSC00053.jpg]

[Image: DSC00054.jpg]

[Image: DSC00055.jpg]

Also I ditched my crappy exhust for a Zero/Sports mid-section and backbox and removed the tow bar bracket. All the sound deadening was removed from under the bonnet along with the plastic covers under the side vents and I fitted the HKS SSQV BOV I'd bought.

Old exhaust:

[Image: CIMG0002.jpg]

Zero/Sports exhaust:

[Image: 004.jpg]

[Image: 020.jpg]

Engine Bay:

[Image: CIMG0003.jpg]
12-03-2008, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 04:00 PM by Saint AAI.)
Next came the joys of fitting a front mount intercooler, a job I never want to do again on a Scoob.

First I started by removing the number plate mount and making room for the intercooler, so out came the Dremmel:

[Image: startofintercooler.jpg]

[Image: intercoolerstartofhole.jpg]

[Image: numberplateon.jpg]

Then the bumper had to come off, so I had to take the lights and the grill off for this:

[Image: lightsandgrilloff.jpg]

Intercooler was then mounted on the car:

[Image: Intercooleron.jpg]

Bumper was then offered up to the car, for an idea of what it would look like and for fitment. It was clear then that lots more of the bumper had to be cut away and also that the splitter covers a large part of the cooler:

[Image: Roughidea.jpg]
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 04:06 PM by Saint AAI.)
Pipework had to go on next and lots more cutting had to be done. The old intercooler was removed and the foglight brackets were cut off along with the bottom corners of the chassis to allow room for the pipes. The two small holes in my inner wing had to be made into one large one and I had to loosen the wing to get it through. Once in place the wing was secured again. On the other side of the car it was a really tight fit up past the rad and the ends of the fan blades had to be trimmed back to stop them hitting the pipes:

[Image: Bumperoff-1.jpg]

[Image: Bumperoff.jpg]

[Image: Bumperoffagain.jpg]

[Image: HKSvalve.jpg]

[Image: Intercoolerremoved.jpg]

[Image: Holeininnerwingforpipe.jpg]

[Image: Intercooleronsomepipes.jpg]

When it was nearly done I then realised I was one hose joiner short so the boost hose on the Renault had to be sacrificed as I needed the car for work that night:

[Image: Renaulthose.jpg]

Tried to put the bumper on, but yet more had to be cut:

[Image: Almostdone4.jpg]

[Image: Cutbumper.jpg]
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2009 04:09 PM by Saint AAI.)
Then the bumper finally went on although still needs some more trimming which I havent done yet.

[Image: DSC00735.jpg]

[Image: Enginebay.jpg]

[Image: Frontintercooler.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *MAXXD* Pyro's Subaru Impreza Bugeye Pyrotechnic 132 142,271 27-06-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: olstar
  *MAXXD* D's Renault Clio TURBO d_diddy 215 174,238 04-05-2011 07:10 AM
Last Post: Saint AAI